Leading Metal Pretreatment Solutions
With more than 45 years of experience, Troy Chemical is a leading manufacturer of metal pretreatment chemicals and powder coating pretreatment solutions. We pride ourselves on our high level of service and our ability to meet the ever-changing demands of the finishing industry. Our products range from alkaline cleaners, rust removers, and phosphate conversion coatings to the latest in ambient temperature chemistries and non-phosphate conversion coatings.
Our KOOL BLUE-designated products are ideal for use as a powder coating pretreatment chemical and can provide energy-efficiency and a more environmentally-preferred and performance-enhanced system to reduce the environmental footprint. Our “closed loop” strategies minimize chemical, energy and water usage during the metal pretreatment process to keep you operating at peak efficiency while further minimizing operating costs and environmental impact.
Troy Chemical welcomes the opportunity to work with you and your team to determine how our metal pretreatment chemical processes and products can align with your processes in a way that reduces costs. We provide on-site hands-on training with your team, and we monitor results to ensure that all aspects of our metal pretreatment program exceeds your expectations.
Contact us for an initial consultation – and don’t forget to ask us about Pizza College!
Pretreatment of ferrous metals prior to powder coating can present challenges in the removal of soils. The typical solution is an alkaline cleaner. Here are a few basics on alkaline pretreatment cleaners for ferrous metals:
- Except for hot-rolled steel, the oils, grease and other contaminants are what cause challenges with getting the surface prepped for powder coating and other paint processes.
- Whether you have a recirculating washer, a soak/dip operation, or a manual spray Troy has the best cleaners for your pretreatment process.
- Foaming products are ideal for spray wand and pressure washers. Dip/soak operations and cabinet washers can be used with a wide variety of products and perform well in most environments.
- Look to your chemistry. Your Troy representative will help you choose the right chemistry for your combination of soils. Depending on your needs, there are products available without the solvent odors common in butyl-based products, and others that contain no phosphates.
Learn more about how alkaline cleaners can be used for metal pretreatment processes by calling Troy Chemical today. We can tell you about our alkaline cleaners and phosphatizers that are ideal for metal pretreatment processes. Call now!
Processing metal products while respecting the environment can be a challenge. Powder coating meets the demand for a high level of environmental sensitivity. Here are just a few ways that powder coating respects the environment:
- Powder coating is clean. Since powder coating is completed in a booth environment, exhaust air can be recirculated back into the plant. Heated air is not exhausted to the exterior of the building. Those currently using powder coating for metal pretreatment have seen that their heating and cooling costs have been eliminated for make-up air.
- Overspray can be used again. Unlike other processes where overspray ends up representing lost material, which can be hard on the environment as well as increase the costs for production, powder paint can be reclaimed and reused during the process. This saves organizations money as well as protecting the environment.
- Powder coatings don’t harm the air. While solvent-based paints can create issues with harmful air pollutants, powder coatings have negligible levels of VOCs and are free of hazardous air pollutants.
- Waste disposal is easy. If you do have powder coating that has gone unused, there is no reason to call in expensive waste disposal services. The unused powder can be easily reused by simply adding it back to a hopper. There is little waste and no need for expensive waste systems.
For more information on how powder coating is an environmentally friendly option for metal pretreatment, call the experts at Troy Chemical today!